Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Ur Makeup Beauty Sponge



Hello lovely peeps - today I wanted to write about the Ur Makeup Beauty Sponge. Ur Makeup is the brainchild of make up artist Nicola Graham which currently sells some make up accessories but will be launching more products in the future...(watch this space!)

 
Sponge being taken for a ride on my bunny :)

The first thing that struck me about this sponge is the colour. While most sponges are bright colours this one is flesh toned – this may seem like something super menial to notice but I really like it because it looks more professional and mature than a bright pink blob for if you were doing someone else's makeup, however they do have a multitude of colours on their website if you prefer more eye catching tools. For me I quite like bright colours but if I was doing makeup on an older person I would definitely go with the flesh toned colour.

This sponge works really well – it really blends foundation into the skin and helps to make it last longer. Much like a beauty blender it has a rounded bottom and a pointed top to help you get into all the hard to reach areas on the face. It's pretty hard to describe how well a sponge works but I have been saving it for use on all my big nights out since I got it because I find that it gives a more flawless coverage than my brushes so that's a pretty really good sign.


The sponge is really great but if you have a sponge you are currently happy with I wouldn’t bother getting it and throwing away your current one; however if you don’t have a sponge or need a new one then I would definitely recommend trying this one out – at €4.00 its much cheaper than its counterparts and works just as well (AND it's currently on sale for €3.20)

You can purchase Ur beauty at http://www.urmakeup.com/ and while you're there you should check out their silicone mascara wands (review coming shortly) and their gorgeous mini brush sets which would be PERFECT for traveling or make up on the go.



This product was sent to me but this review is 100% my honest opinion :)

6 comments:

  1. I have this sponge too and its a great little blender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review and love the bunny:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, he was only €3.00!!

      Delete
  3. I have a similar one from ebay and I just find its really great to give a polished airbrushed look to my makeup! I like the idea of the flesh toned sponge because then my sponge won't look quite so dirty after I use it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this brand so cheers for the heads up! Another fan of the bunny here too :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day :)