Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Wet n Wild mini haul

There are some things that can be said with absolute certainty:
1. The Earth is round.
2. There is no substitute for a pair of Tweezermans.
3. Every Irish make up enthusiast has been stalking their local Dunnes Stores, waiting for the delivery of Wet n Wild products for the past two weeks.

Anyone who is interested in make up will have heard the news that Wet n Wild would be coming to lil ol Ireland all the way from the United States! The brand who are widely celebrated due to their product quality and low low (seriously low) prices hit bigger Dunnes Stores last week and are making their way out to smaller ones. Twitter was full of bloggers posting pics of Wet n Wild stands found across the country and everyone made their wishlists so that they could be prepared when the delivery trucks came to their Dunnes.

I found my own Wet n Wild Stand in Dunnes in Douglas Court SC on Monday - fully stocked and everything!


I picked up a few things from the stand (being a blogger I couldn't resist but I had to rein myself in to check out other bloggers reviews before filling my basket). 


First up is Wet n Wild bronzer in "Reserve Your Cabana". This is a super light powder and may be more of a highlighter than a bronzer. It is buttery smooth and comes in a huge 13 gram container! This was the most expensive item at €4.99 but is still very cheap, especially for the amount of product you get!
Reserve Your Cabana


Next I bought a Megaslick Balm Stain in "Rico Mauve". This is a "moisturising lip colour" which does exactly what it says on the thin. It glides onto lips with the perfect amount of colour (visible but not as daring as a lipstick) and does feel quite nourishing on the lips. At €3.99 I will definitely be picking up more of these!


Rico Mauve

I bought two brow & eye liner pencils, one in "Taupe" and the other in "Mink Brown". These pencils are HUGE (1.4 grams) which is insane for €1.99 each. I can't imagine I'll need to repurchase these for a long long time. Performance wise they act like any pencil liner, they go on smoothly (not as smooth as others but there is absolutely no dragging, and they don't fully set leaving a little bit of wiggle room for smudging to get more of a worn in vibe.

T: Mink Brown
B: Taupe          
T: Mink Brown
B: Taupe          
T: Mink Brown
B: Taupe          

Lastly I purchased two Mega Last lip colours in "Red Velvet" and "Rose bud". These do drag a bit on application and feel quite drying however this can be expected with longwear products. "Rose bud" is a definite favourite of mine - a perfect natural lip colour that goes with everything - most definitely a handbag staple. These are €2.99 each which is an amazing price for a long-wearing lipstick. 
Red Velvet
Rose Bud



I am seriously impressed with my purchases and am so excited to see fellow bloggers reviews so I can pick up more products. Did you get anything from Wet n Wild yet? What is on your wishlist?

21 comments:

  1. Love the Rose Bud lipstick! Might pick it up next time I'm in Dunnes :) Such a lovely colour!

    alex @ pinkelephantbloggin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh definitely do! I think its my fave thing I got! x

      Delete
  2. Love your three facts, I nodded along to each and every one of them (especially the second two).. I haven't had a chance yet to see if Wet & Wild has arrived in my local Dunnes, but I shall definitely be picking up a few bits! I'm not too sure what to get yet, so will have a look at a few more reviews like yours first..That bronzer looks very tempting! x

    Rachael | www.overdosedemaquillage.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks :) Yeah I know, I think most people are waiting for all the reviews before splurging! :)

      Delete
  3. Red Velvet is gorgeous. I've been looking fo ra shade like that - too bad it's not available here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why where are you living? I'm sure I saw a site with it today that you could prob order from...I can try find it again for you if you want?

      Delete
  4. I am still waiting impatiently for it to hit my local Dunnes but according to the manager they aren't getting it :( now after seeing your post I am looking for an excuse to drive to a Dunnes that has it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that is so unfair/stupid! Then again there's bound to be a Dunnes near enough to you that will carry out, have an ol' ring around I'd say ;)

      Delete
  5. I must have been living under a rock lately! How did I not hear about this! Going to Stalk the Cosmetics Isle of my nearest Dunnes until it comes in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Definitely do, if you live by a bigger Dunnes it's probably there already :) If your Dunnes had an Essence/Catrice Stand then it should have Wet n Wild cause they're being replaced by it...

      Delete
  6. Ah I am insanely jealous, I so badly want to get some Wet & Wild! I'm going to sprint to Dunnes when my plane lands next week - & Red Velvet and Rico Mauve are now on my wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can just imagine!! Suitcase in tow, knocking down pedestrians screaming about "walking on eggshells" trios and megalast lip colours ;) x

      Delete
  7. oohh, cant wait until wet n wild turns up in my local dunnes! great haul :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) hopefully you won't have too long to wait

      Delete
  8. Have both those lip colours and love them! But for some reason Red Velvet looks slightly pink on me! Can't wait to see what you think of the bronzer.. Its next on my list.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think red velvet goes a bit pinky after a while when I put it on... I used the bronzer all over my face a few nice ago - it actually looked pretty good!

      Delete
  9. Oh good lord, Red velvet!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment makes my day :)