Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Face Atelier Ultra Sheer Foundation Zero Minus Review

If you have ever seen pictures of me you know that I am superduper pale, and therefore I can find it quite difficult to get base products to match my skin tone (admittedly it is harder for my sister than for me because her face looks like it's made out of paper it's so white). That's why when I heard about white foundations that you could mix with a regular foundation to make sure it matches your skin perfectly I'm pretty sure my heart skipped a beat. A perfectly matching base surely is one of the most coveted products in the beauty world and a white foundation can ensure that you will never have tide marks or never have to take off an entire base of makeup after realizing it looks just a tiny bit too dark (this tends to happen to me most often when transitioning from one season to another).

So away I went researching all different types of white foundations and I came across a good few such as Illamasqua;s skin base and Mac face and body but the stand out for me was the Face Atelier Ultra Sheer Foundation in Minus Zero. I got mine from Cloud10beauty.com as I found this to be the cheapest stockist of the foundation. This foundation is a dream, it mixes PERFECTLY with any foundations I've tested it with including Neutrogena healthy skin, Bourjoirs healthy mix, Lancome teint idole, and Rimmel stay matte - in fact I actually found that it increases the longevity of the cheaper foundations like the Rimmel and Bourjois ones.

Above is a splodge of zero minus on its own - see how pigmented it is!!

Below is a picture of two different bottles of Neutrogena healthy skin foundation which are both technically in shade classic ivory 10 however I lightened the one on the left. I know the picture itself is blurry but I think you can still see the colour difference!


 This is a swatch of both foundations with the unaltered classic ivory on the left and the zero minus/classic ivory mix on the right.



The foundation costs €38.00 from Cloud10beauty and while that probably makes it the most expensive foundation in my collection I think of it more as an investment piece since I can mix it with so many different foundations - kinda like investing in a good tailor to make sure your clothes fit perfectly.
The foundation comes in a pump bottle which is awesome for ensuring bacteria etc don't get into the product - a must for any product you will probably have in your collection a long time - and I'm sure I will. I have used it in both mine and my sisters foundations to make the shades paler and I have only used half a bottle, I imagine I will still have it in two years time and I know that as soon as I run out I will be repurchasing it.

I cannot recommend this foundation or cloud10beauty highly enough. You can purchase the foundation here. Also right now (until January 31st 2013) cloud10beauty are very kindly offering 15% off their products using the code CLOUD15OFF, so there really is no reason you shouldn't try it. Cloud10beauty deliver worldwide and offer free delivery to Irish addresses with orders over €50. You also get three free samples with each order and possibly one of my favourite things about the site: you can order samples of foundation to pick the right colour for you - genius!! 



Face Atelier also make colours to make your foundation darker - they have "zero plus" and "zero plus plus", somehow I don't think I'll ever need them though :)

Have you ever tried mixing foundations to lighten or darken the shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment makes my day :)